It’s really hard for bloggers to pick the right WordPress plugin, especially with more than 26,000 available.
So, how do you know which WordPress plugins you need? You can start with these six helpful WordPress plugins of 2013.
- Limit Login Attempts – As the name suggests, it helps limits the login attempt on your WordPress admin area. This is a good, basic security you can install and can help you a lot in the future.
- Compact Archives – This is especially useful for bloggers with established blogs with tons of content. It allows you to archive your posts in a monthly format. This is more convenient compared to the default WordPress archives widget, which can be long and messy. You can choose to use it on your custom archives page or as a widget in your sidebar.
- Floating Social Bar – This is the fastest social media WordPress plugin. It is also very easy to use with a horizontal floating share bar added to your blog’s content.
- Edit Flow – If you have multi-author blogs, then you must check out this WordPress plugin. Edit flow basically streamlines your workflow; thus, saving you time. It features a visual editorial calendar, custom post statuses, and editorial comments.
- Post Expirator – If you want to blog about a contest or an event, you need to manually remove that post from your blog once the event happened. What if you can just set a time or date that will automatically remove the post? I’m sure that will be very helpful. That is what the Post Expirator is about. It allows bloggers to automatically remove the post by simply pre-selecting a date.
- WordPress SEO by Yoast – Aside from optimizing your blog posts, this SEO plugin comes with XML sitemaps, Twitter cards, Google Authorship and Facebook meta data. This comprehensive WordPress plugin is a must! If you’re using another SEO plugin and want to switch to this SEO plugin from Yoast, you can us the SEO Data Transporter.
It’s easy to get lost with all the WordPress plugins available today. You just have to choose the ones you will really need and use. And the six that I’ve mentioned above can really improve any bloggers’ productivity in no time! Happy plugin!