5 WordPress Mistakes To Avoid
It could be that your website is not set up correctly; hence, you are not getting the most traffic in Google. Here are five mistakes to avoid:
- Not using any WordPress SEO plugin — There are various WordPress plugins to help you optimize your website. They are there for a reason, so use one. You should have at least one plugin installed. You can choose from Scribe, WordPress SEO, Inbound Writer, or All in one SEO. Each plugin has its benefits. You just need to figure out which one would work best for your content. Just make sure to install one.
- No keywords in your page name – Put your target keywords on the page name so that Google can see. For example, you want to target the keywords wordpress tips. You assign your page name to be www.yourwebsite.com/wordpress-tips rather than www.yourwebsite.com/?7553013. To make sure you don’t commit this mistake, check the permalinks section in your WordPress website and set up how you want your page address will look like.
- Not linking between posts – Linking your content is one part of SEO. This helps Google index your blog posts. It is recommended to link your content to other online content related to it.
- Indexing pages you shouldn’t index – Just like your blog’s design, you need to keep indexed pages nice and tidy. If don’t necessarily need to index a page, just don’t. If it won’t provide much value, there’s no need to index it.
- Using up valuable keywords in poor-quality blog posts – You need to think about your keywords before writing great content. The only way to rank in Google is to have a valuable blog post with the appropriate keywords.
Check your WordPress site and see if you have committed any of these mistakes. If you did, then better correct them to optimized your blog better.