9 Handy Tips To Blog Better
Who doesn’t want to have the best blog in the internet? You’d be crazy not to want that. But there’s the question of how? Where do you start? What do you need to do to achieve that? Well, IT Pro Portal shared some handy tips to help make your blog more successful.
- Boost visibility with your keywords – Include keywords in your headlines, even proper names. This may mean using passive voice at times, but this could really boost blog traffic.
- More after the jump – How much text should there be in RSS feeds? There a number of opinions on the matter but you may want to follow this: Offer anything that you can read in the front page of your blog without clicking the “more” link in your feed.
- Cite your sources, always – This really is a no-brainer. Just out of respect, let your readers know if the idea is inspired by a previous blogger or if you don’t own the photo you’re posting. Also, there is also blog karma.
- Post early and often – Content is always good. This lets your readers tune in to what information you will be sharing next. So just get unto the habit of posting as often as you can.
- Draw them in with visuals – Images and photos draw in readers. It sparks their interest, plain and simple. So always include some visual aspects.
- More, more, more – Aside from photos, why not share videos. You can easily embed a YouTube video. Don’t just rely on texts, liven things up with photos and videos.
- Ask questions – It opens up discussions among followers as well as prompts engagement.
- Tags foster browsing – Always include tags on your posts. This lets users search within your site and will help in increasing traffic.
- Flaunt your opinions – “Columns expressing strong opinions are a great way to develop voice and authority for your blog while generating feedback.”