Make Your Website To Be Mobile-Ready
Nowadays, it’s not enough to just have a website. You also need to make sure that your viewers can access your site no matter what electronic gadget they are using, including mobile devices. Thus, it’s important to adapt a more responsive layout for your website.
There are several ways to make your WordPress blog or website mobile-friendly. The quickest way to make your blog more mobile-friendly is through simple plugins. Here are some plugins you may want to consider installing:
- WPtouch – it basically strips your existing theme and shows the content of your site. It is user-friendly and works well with content-rich websites like blogs. It comes in free and premium versions.
- WordPress Mobile Pack – this plugin includes color options and can be used as a mobile switcher for a whole different look for mobile devices. Also, it is very handy in editing posts especially with its mobile interface.
- BuddyPress Mobile – This plugin works best when your website is running on BuddyPress. It allows you to edit the style sheet of your mobile design with its theme option.
Another way to make sure your website has a responsive layout is by installing mobile themes. This gives a consistent design across desktop and mobile. One example of these themes is Twenty Eleven, which is WordPress’ default theme. Other beautiful responsive themes are:
- Scherzo – this is great for those who like a clean and minimalist look. Best of all, it focuses on mobile-first responsive design.
- Jigoshop – this is the answer for making e-commerce websites mobile-friendly. It is a plugin and a theme. Best of all, you can customize it depending on your needs.
There are a lot of responsive themes out in the market today. Before you purchase one, make sure it has everything you need for your website to work fluidly.
Choose what works best for you. Opt to install a plugin or redesign your website with a new responsive theme. See what suits your website and make it mobile-friendly.