Content Marketing 101
Videos, blogs, and tweets – these are all part of content marketing. But until now, some are still confused as to what it really means. According to Content Marketing Institute, Content marketing is a marketing technique of creating and distributing relevant and valuable content to ATTRACT, ACQUIRE, and ENGAGE a clearly defined and understood target audience – with the objective of driving profitable customer action.
Simply put, the objective of content marketing is to attract, acquire, and engage your target audience with relevant and valuable content.
Why should we use Content Marketing?
- Communicates Without Selling – people don’t like to be sold to, but they do like the engagement. This is one of the best ways to do it.
- Non-interruptive – with the attention span of 7-9 minutes, we need a direct way to provide valuable content and capture the attention of our visitors.
- Provides Value – it allows us to show our brand’s value proposition and even provide solution to our audience.
- Rewarded with Customer Loyalty and Trust – followers see brands and entrepreneurs as more than who sell products. With content we show the more human side and really reach out to them. Hence, we are rewarded with customer loyalty and tust.
- Generates Highly Qualified Leads and Customers – content helps gain more followers and leads because it provides information and solutions.
Steps to Content Marketing Success:
- Know your customers – This is where content marketing starts. Know who your customers are and what their behavior is like. Also, you need to know your customers’ preferences.
- Set goals and strategize – what kind of content you have produced and what else you want to produce. Set your objectives.
- Plan your content – Ask yourself, what are they looking for? Do your FAQ’s and SAQ’s (should ask questions). Create a content calendar to follow.
- Publish and distribute – share and improve the visibility of the content your producing. Make your company blog the hub for your content and distribute in your social networks.
- Measure and optimize – We need to find out if the content marketing efforts are working. One way to do it is by using Google Analytics. To find out which are working, you need to test them.
Do you want to learn more about content marketing? View the webinar replay for Content Marketing 101 here.