Facebook Marketing 101: Tips On Setting Up A Facebook Page For Your Brand
Facebook marketing is just one of the important aspects of internet marketing. This social media platform helps us engage with readers and customers. Moreover, it’s a great way to expand your network and show the human side of your brand/business.
The first thing you want to do is set up a Facebook page for your brand. So you might be asking, “Why do I need a Facebook page, when I already have a Facebook profile?”
Here are the main differences between a Facebook Profile and Page
- Usage – Facebook profiles are for personal use to connect with friends, while the Page are for businesses and brands.
- Friends and Fans – Our connections in Profiles are called friends while in Pages, we call them Fans.
- Size of Network – In your Facebook Profile you only get a maximum of 5,000 friends, whereas in your Page, you can have unlimited fans.
- Performance Metrics and Analytics – This is a way to measure how well our page is doing. It is only available in Facebook Pages
- Promotion – Facebook Ads are primarily available in Facebook Pages. On the other hand, in Facebook profiles there is now a way to promote your posts.
When it comes to setting up your Facebook Page, here are a few tips to consider:
- Use a Cover Photo that talks about your brand – It must be attractive and attention grabbing. Also, it should say something about your brand. It should not be an ad space and must not include any references to websites, contact numbers, address, etc., as this is against Facebook’s terms and conditions.
- Choose a relevant username – The format will be www.facebook/username/. For example, my Facebook Page’s username is www.facebook.com/InternetMarketingPH. Don’t forget to check the available username and confirm the other details before finalizing everything. Because once you select your username, you can’t change it anymore.
- Fill up the About and Info section – Make sure it is keyword rich. Don’t forget to complete the company profile and description.
- Use your Facebook Page Apps – This is a great way to promote your other social media profiles.
Leverage your business by setting up a Facebook Page. If you want to learn more about Facebook Marketing, watch the webinar replay here. Registration is free. Watch out for more Digital Marketing webinars.