How To Maintain Your WordPress Site
Once you have built your website or blog, you are good to go. But that doesn’t mean the work is done. Like any business office or home, maintenance is key in making sure everything is in top shape. Here are a few things you need to remember to make sure your WordPress site runs smoothly.
- Back up your database, regularly – Nobody wants to lose his or her blog content. Just to be on the safe side, it’s better to regularly back up your database in case it happens. You can also opt for automated backups using a plugin like VaultPress.
- Monitor plugins – Plugins are can be really helpful, but the more plugins there are, the slower the site will be. Of course, this also depends on the quality of the plugins. Updating your plugins can help with your blog’s performance but at the same time it may conflict with other plugins. To make sure this won’t happen, it’s best to research on the plugin homepage and learn about any issues the arise with the update.
- Do some regular “housekeeping” chores – Like a house, there are some regular chores you need to do to keep it neat and organized. The same goes with your website. Some of these chores that will ensure your WordPress site runs smoothly and efficiently are:
- Check for broken links
- Delete spam comments
- Remove disabled plugins and inactive themes
- Delete duplicate/unused images and files
- Change your admin passwords
Incorporate these maintenance procedures into your schedule. You can do it twice a month or weekly. It all depends on you. The more frequent you clean it up, the better the performance will be.
Do you have other concerns about your WordPress website? Leave a comment below.