It’s not news that Facebook has become very popular over the years. Some even dub it as the Google of social networks with over 1 Billion active users.
True, we are hooked on it. Posting and checking out our friends’ status updates, taking quizzes, and sharing news. Here’s the thing, anyone can be on Facebook, which means anyone can view intimate details about our lives. For our own safety, we need to keep in mind not to post certain information on Facebook.
Here are the 5 things should never post on Facebook or in any other social media accounts:
- You and your family’s full birth dates – Sure, we like seeing “happy birthday” posts on our Facebook wall from our friends but when you list your full birth dates, you are also susceptible to identity theft. It’s best not to list you birth date, but if you still want to, remember to leave the year out.
- Your relationship status – One of the most updated things in our profile is our relationship status. But it may be best not to publicize it, for the sake of avoiding stalkers. They may even use your relationship status as basis to know if you are alone at home.
- Your current location – A lot of Facebook users enjoy the location-tagging feature, allowing them to let people know where they are 24/7. The problem here is you are giving out information that you’re on vacation and not at home. If you also post how long you will be gone, thieves will know how much time they have to rob you.
- The fact that you are home alone – Parents/adults need to remind children never to post on social media that they are home alone. You wouldn’t want strangers knowing your children are home alone. This may endanger them.
- Pictures of your kids tagged with their names – For the safety of your kids, avoid tagging them with their full names and exact birth date. Strangers may use these information to lure your children. Just leave out these information when you post photos of your children.
Why Businesses Should Have Websites and not Facebook Pages
I ran this little challenge in Facebook where I asked you folks why you DON’T need a website to have a successful Internet business. Many gave some valid points, and most of the answers were related to the fact that they can already make use of Facebook and that it’s free. Allow me to discuss in […]
Too Many Facebook Hashtags Can Hurt Your Brand
Hashtags are great for marketing and promoting content, but sometimes we can get overboard with using several hashtags. This has to stop, especially putting so many hashtags on your brand’s Facebook Page. According to a new report from Socialbakers, “the more hashtags a brand uses in a Facebook post, the less engagement it receives.” Also, […]
10 Tips for a Highly Engaging Facebook Page
A common mistake that businesses online and offline make when using Facebook as a marketing tool is to focus heavily on getting a heck-load of fans. They also pay so much attention to posting promos and tools that sell to their audience. This makes me sad. Luckily for me, I’ve decided to just move forward […]
Facebook Pages Every Smart Entrepreneur Must Follow
We don’t get ideas right off the bat. Something or someone usually inspires us. It can be someone we know personally or an influencer. Other times, we get our ideas from what we seen, heard, or read. We also need to be updated on what’s new and what’s going on. This is just one of […]
[VIDEO] How To Get Customers Online With Facebook
Love it or hate it, Facebook’s been pretty much helpful for the world. It’s helped reach thousands reach their loved ones over long distances. It’s helped create new relationships for people who would rather stay at home. Most importantly, for people in the Internet business, it’s become a way for us to meet, engage and […]
Marketing Insight: 1 Out of 7 Minutes is Spent on Facebook
Goes to show you why it’s an absolute must for you to be in Facebook. In any case, with that much time and energy provided in the big blue social network, it goes without saying that you should spend a little more time and effort in engaging with people in your Facebook Page. What do […]