It’s not news that Facebook has become very popular over the years. Some even dub it as the Google of social networks with over 1 Billion active users.
True, we are hooked on it. Posting and checking out our friends’ status updates, taking quizzes, and sharing news. Here’s the thing, anyone can be on Facebook, which means anyone can view intimate details about our lives. For our own safety, we need to keep in mind not to post certain information on Facebook.
Here are the 5 things should never post on Facebook or in any other social media accounts:
- You and your family’s full birth dates – Sure, we like seeing “happy birthday” posts on our Facebook wall from our friends but when you list your full birth dates, you are also susceptible to identity theft. It’s best not to list you birth date, but if you still want to, remember to leave the year out.
- Your relationship status – One of the most updated things in our profile is our relationship status. But it may be best not to publicize it, for the sake of avoiding stalkers. They may even use your relationship status as basis to know if you are alone at home.
- Your current location – A lot of Facebook users enjoy the location-tagging feature, allowing them to let people know where they are 24/7. The problem here is you are giving out information that you’re on vacation and not at home. If you also post how long you will be gone, thieves will know how much time they have to rob you.
- The fact that you are home alone – Parents/adults need to remind children never to post on social media that they are home alone. You wouldn’t want strangers knowing your children are home alone. This may endanger them.
- Pictures of your kids tagged with their names – For the safety of your kids, avoid tagging them with their full names and exact birth date. Strangers may use these information to lure your children. Just leave out these information when you post photos of your children.
Too Many Facebook Hashtags Can Hurt Your Brand
Hashtags are great for marketing and promoting content, but sometimes we can get overboard with using several hashtags. This has to stop, especially putting so many hashtags on your brand’s Facebook Page. According to a new report from Socialbakers, “the more hashtags a brand uses in a Facebook post, the less engagement it receives.” Also, […]
Just For Fun Fridays: Life outside of Facebook
This little post right here reminds me of one very important thing most Internet Marketers and Internet “Geeks” fail at. There’s a life outside the LCD monitor, Facebook, analytics reports and the click of a mouse. And while I feel that Facebook, Twitter and other social networks have made it easier for me to connect […]
[VIDEO] How To Get Customers Online With Facebook
Love it or hate it, Facebook’s been pretty much helpful for the world. It’s helped reach thousands reach their loved ones over long distances. It’s helped create new relationships for people who would rather stay at home. Most importantly, for people in the Internet business, it’s become a way for us to meet, engage and […]
My New Facebook Page
Today marks the date that I launch my new Facebook Fan Page! I hope to share in this channel my passion for Online Marketing. Make sure that you “Like” the page so you get updated whenever I post new stuff. Please share the page also to your friends, family, colleagues or to whoever you feel […]
Facebook Chat-up Tips
Getting your posts to appear on your fans’ Facebook news feeds is sort of like a challenge. You need to be posting at the right time with consistency, and you need to be able to draw in the crowd with the content you’re posting. That means more likes, comments and more likes in comments. As […]