It’s really hard for bloggers to pick the right WordPress plugin, especially with more than 26,000 available.
So, how do you know which WordPress plugins you need? You can start with these six helpful WordPress plugins of 2013.
- Limit Login Attempts – As the name suggests, it helps limits the login attempt on your WordPress admin area. This is a good, basic security you can install and can help you a lot in the future.
- Compact Archives – This is especially useful for bloggers with established blogs with tons of content. It allows you to archive your posts in a monthly format. This is more convenient compared to the default WordPress archives widget, which can be long and messy. You can choose to use it on your custom archives page or as a widget in your sidebar.
- Floating Social Bar – This is the fastest social media WordPress plugin. It is also very easy to use with a horizontal floating share bar added to your blog’s content.
- Edit Flow – If you have multi-author blogs, then you must check out this WordPress plugin. Edit flow basically streamlines your workflow; thus, saving you time. It features a visual editorial calendar, custom post statuses, and editorial comments.
- Post Expirator – If you want to blog about a contest or an event, you need to manually remove that post from your blog once the event happened. What if you can just set a time or date that will automatically remove the post? I’m sure that will be very helpful. That is what the Post Expirator is about. It allows bloggers to automatically remove the post by simply pre-selecting a date.
- WordPress SEO by Yoast – Aside from optimizing your blog posts, this SEO plugin comes with XML sitemaps, Twitter cards, Google Authorship and Facebook meta data. This comprehensive WordPress plugin is a must! If you’re using another SEO plugin and want to switch to this SEO plugin from Yoast, you can us the SEO Data Transporter.
It’s easy to get lost with all the WordPress plugins available today. You just have to choose the ones you will really need and use. And the six that I’ve mentioned above can really improve any bloggers’ productivity in no time! Happy plugin!
10 Common Blog Writing Mistakes
Blogging is a great tool to gain more customers for any business. It is also a great platform to engage with your followers. But have you ever thought about your blog-writing mistakes? Yes, you do the usual grammar check. But what else should we watch out for when blogging? Here’s an infographic showing the 10 […]
[Video Tutorial] How to make your first WordPress Blog Post
Now that you have your theme up and your plugins, fully functional, it’s finally time for you to make your very first post. One of the features WordPress prides itself in its being user-friendly. By that, making a blog post can be done by literally anyone who knows how to read and right (provided, of […]
The Advantages of Blogging for Your Business
Blogging is no longer just an avenue to express your feelings online. Now, it has become a way to build your business’ online presence. Although not necessary, it has proven to be a great way to increase visitor traffic to your website. Thus, helping increase the chance of getting customers and improving sales. But how […]
5 WordPress Tips For Beginners
One of the easiest ways to market your brand is by blogging. A helpful tool to use is WordPress. The good news is you don’t need to be a genius to work with it. Now you’re excited about the possibilities WordPress can offer, let me give you some tips on fully-utilizing your WordPress-based blog. Aim […]
Installing WordPress On Your New Domain Name
WordPress literally does wonders for the average, reasonable Internet marketer. It’s versatile, and pretty easy to use. By versatile, I mean its community is able to create plugins that suit any marketing need – from custom squeeze page HTML templates to social networking plugins. By easy to use, I mean it’s just a few clicks […]
4 Easy Steps To Clean Your WordPress Blog
Spring is upon us, and what better way to kick it off with a little Spring-cleaning. Yes, that means cleaning your WordPress blog too! Just a little sprucing up to make sure your blog functions well all throughout the year. Here are some easy steps to clean your WordPress blog: Unload your unused widgets – […]