As the Coronavirus spread forces the nation to undergo preventive measures, our economy is heavily impacted by the restrictions of these newly implemented rules such as Community Lockdows, Social Distancing and Mandatory Curfews.
Ports, main roads, and various trading establishments all over the country are forced to close or seize operations, in order to prevent the spread of this pandemic. As a result, business owners marked declines in terms of revenue due to restricted logistics activity which is crucial in most businesses’ operations.
Most business owners take their daily transactions online, and in the absence of access to physical stores, the need for shipping and transportation rises among entrepreneurs. A number of logistics companies remain operational despite the lockdown, making them indispensable for struggling businesses.
Compiled below are a list of Operational Logistics Companies that can help business owners transport their products or materials while adhering to safety measures enforced by our government:
Founded in 2012 originally as a ride hailing app, Grab, Southeast Asia’s largest mobile technology company connects millions of consumers to millions of drivers, merchants, and businesses.
Aside from its recently suspended ride hailing service, Grab offers same day point to point deliveries for individuals.
Grab has been considered as one of the essential apps a Filipino must have especially during this time of crisis especially with the restrictions caused by the ECQ.
Grab Express and Grab food help small businesses deliver their goods to their customer’s doorstep. These features merit grab to be tantamount to a lifeboat for businesses facing challenges due to this pandemic.
- Partner businesses have their goods advertised on Grab’s in app catalogue.
- Has GrabPay: A cashless payment method integrated within the app.
- Large consumer base
- Operation for 4 wheelers suspended during ECQ
- Prices spike up to 200% during peak hours
Angkas is a motorcycle ride-hailing platform and courier service that aims to help tackle transport mobility for Filipinos where country traffic is some of the highest in the world.
They take pride with their “Professional Riders” who undergo a training program before being a certified rider to ensure safety and quality of service. Motorcycles are quality-checked to ensure safety of its passengers and parcels in transit.
Angkas has this new feature called angkas x restos that allow consumers to call any operating restaurant or food business, place their order, and have angkas deliver the goods to them.
There are no lists of partner businesses nor prior applications, as long as they are operational, angkas can cater to their logistics needs which can be arranged by a few taps from the consumers phone.
- No Prior registration or fees needed to utilize services for business use
- Uniformed pricing depending on distance
- Riders undergo stringent background checks, safety training, and skills assessments
- Frequent users get discount vouchers via SMS
- Booking is restricted to one pick up and drop off destination only
- Items to be delivered have to be under 10kg, and sizes are limited within motorcycle capacity
- COD option will depend on driver’s discretion, business owners need to have a fallback ePayment option
Joyride is another motorcycle ride hailing app which started in 2019 that endeavoured to help filipino commuters tired from the day to day traffic and with the help of their biker partners, create an enjoyable traffic free lifestyle in the Metro.
Since the Enhanced Community Quarantine or ECQ suspended their ride hailing operations, Joyride PH has started campaigns to help filipino individuals and businesses cope up with challenges and restrictions that the ECQ has brought us.
They have launched a Delivery and Pabili campaign, in which consumers can advise the drivers via their app to pick up or buy essentials for them under 2000 Php and have them delivered to their doorstep. Business owners can instruct their patrons to utilize these to ensure a safe and efficient delivery.
Users are given the option to participate in a donation campaign in which they could donate goods like medical supplies and Personal protective equipment (PPE’s) to our frontliners while utilizing their services. If you run an online mini-mart for example, customers can purchase essentials that they need through you, and have the Joyride biker buy the needs for them and deliver it to their doorstep.
- Basic App interface allows users to book in a few taps.
- Cash On Delivery option offered
- Donations during covid season negotiable in terms of rates
- App does not enable users to manually enter an address
- Items to be delivered have to be under 10kg, and sizes are limited within motorcycle capacity
- Online presence/ Customer service limited
Lalamove is a logistics company that provides on-demand and same-day delivery services through their mobile and web application. They do this by connecting customers to a database that includes thousands of partner drivers.
Let’s say you market rubbing alcohol online, and you have 20 customers all around the metro who want a bottle, you could have Lalamove pick them up from you in bulk, and deliver them separately.
Lalamove has its own purchase service, in which they could save customers the hassle of leaving home and lining up by purchasing items worth 2000 Php or below on behalf of them.
Even with the covid19 travel restrictions limiting travel and transportation of goods, Lalamove remains fully operational, giving business owners the ability to operate amidst the limitations set by the lockdown.
- Multiple vehicle choices and flexible delivery options
- Multiple destination delivery feature.
- Assigned account manager for business users who transact over 10,000Php
- COD option offered
- Offers rebates
- Drivers are not allowed to enter commercial establishments
- Feedback contains occasional complaints for drivers demeanor
Transportify is a full-service logistics marketplace powered by advanced mobile and web app technology that enables businesses to book and manage ground transportation of their goods, freight, merchandise and more.
It connects businesses to their network of 76,146 Active Vehicles around Metro Manila, Rizal and Pampanga. They offer Long Haul trucking services from city to city at an affordable price which can be determined from the app itself. They have customized equipment that is designed to cater to the unique needs of each of its clients.
Transportify has a round the clock customer email and chat support team and allows real time tracking of customer’s parcels through the app which gives them full visibility and assurance from point to point.
- Interregional delivery on going despite ECQ
- Business Partners get flexible payment methods
- Customized Equipment tailored for clients needs
- Round the clock customer support
- Rates are notably higher for non business partners
- Not much feedback for deliveries within the city
RML Courier Express International Corporation is a multi vehicle logistics company that helps businesses and individuals transport their cargo both locally and internationally.
RML’S main operations include land, air and sea courier and freight forwarding service. International, Domestic and Metro Manila door-to-door pick-up and delivery of documents and parcels, sea and air freight cargo forwarding and trucking.
With the versatility of its services, RML can help move almost all kinds of items for business owners, whether from the supplier or to the customers.
The 23 year old cargo and freight company remains operational despite the ongoing lockdowns due to the coronavirus contingency measures. It keeps its customers updated with news about the Enhanced Community Quarantine and tips on how to help avoid the spread of the said virus on their Facebook page.
- One of the countries benchmarks for freight forwarding
- Caters to all sorts of goods from documents to heavy machinery
- Covers both domestic and international deliveries
- Doesn’t offer same day delivery service
- No mobile application unlike most competitors
- Charges valuation fee
R.V Marzan Logistics inc. is a 40 year old freight forwarding company that leads in Philippine Logistics which aims to speed up the process in trade and commerce in the Philippines and throughout the world.
They have a fleet of trucks, trailers and transportation equipment and specialize in transportation of containerized cargoes.
Its services include domestic distribution, freight forwarding, vacuum packaging, wood casting, bulk transfers,supply chain management, trucking and warehousing.
With this said, If your goods are huge, fragile and need extra care, RV Marzan is a good logistics partner to consider.
With a wide selection of services, R.V Marzan is able to cater to businesses of every size. Providing their needs from Loading and unloading to delivery or installation if required.
- Specializes in bulk transport and unusual sized goods
- Helps out business owners organize their deliveries with its supply chain management
- Services like vacuum packaging help preserve goods
- Its nature of services are not ideal for start-up businesses
- Services are fully beneficial to only certain kinds of businesses such as furniture, paintings etc.
Toki Toki is a pasig-based start up logistics and customer management company that focuses on working hand in hand with clients and their E-commerce logistics needs.
They aim to provide top of the line services in a thematic with a cheap price. They offer free pickups, and are noted to be 60% cheaper compared to its competitors in the industry.
Toki Toki Targets a large market that ranges from casual sellers to young professionals and those small or startup businesses who operate online.
They are designed to be The first affordable, high quality, fast and reliable themed delivery service which makes them a go to for start up businesses who want an affordable but unique logistics partner.
- No minimum delivery required
- Free Pick up service
- Cheaper than most competitors
- Services work well with eCommerce power businesses
- Ideal for start up businesses
- Not much public customer reviews
- No mobile app
Established in Indonesia in August 2015, J&T Express is a technology-based and internet development e-Commerce delivery company.
Locally they operate nationwide, with over 400 branches all over the archipelago. They have an extensive network that supports delivery services inter city, inter province or across the nation.
They take pride in their commitment to utilizing advanced IT systems to improve efficiency and quality of service to customers. They take the principle of easy and fast delivery along with an efficient claims settlement system which is appealing to many business owners who consider teaming up with them.
If you plan to sell some items such as cosmetics through online marketplaces, J&T Express will take over right after check out, by bringing your items from the warehouse to the customer’s doorstep as they update them in real time.
- Known affiliate of leading eCommerce websites such as Lazada and Shopee
- Full monitoring of goods when in transit ensures item security
- Easy compensation claims when items are damaged or lost
- Round the clock support and business line
- Tracking tool is dependent on warehouse scans.
- Deliveries within the metro take 1-2 business days unlike competitors
- Notable feedback about drivers returning goods to sender after one missed delivery attempt
Foodpanda is the leading online food delivery marketplace in 40 countries across 5 continents.
Originating from Germany and introduced in the Philippines in 2014, the online food marketplace is tied up with over 1000 partner restaurants nationwide.
It allows its app users to discover various food establishments around the neighborhood through the app and allow them to directly order via mobile phone.
If you run a restaurant or want to sell take out from the convenience of your kitchen, make sure you have it listed on FoodPanda.
They are known to be fully operational despite the various lock downs due to the spread of Covid19, allowing businesses to sell food to their loyal customers amidst the difficulty to go out.
- In app marketing
- Automatically boosts awareness of your business around your area
- Enticing promotions for customers boost business sales
- Only caters to food businesses
- Some goods like ice cream or milk tea and the likes may not arrive in pristine condition
Gogo Xpress is a local payment and delivery platform that helps startup businesses sell and transport their goods without using a website.
Having a one to one transaction billing and fairly low delivery fees, Gogo express attracts social sellers who eventually turn their casual selling into a full time start up business.
Being an integrated payment and delivery platform, Gogo Xpress also gives the buyers hassle free payment checkouts and deposits them into the sellers linked payment channel.
So if you plan to start up a business or sell some goods, Gogo Xpress can give you a jumpstart and put those plans to work.
- Payment and delivery platform in one app
- Bills per transaction
- Full interaction between buyer and seller
- Most ideal for startup businesses who advertise on social media
- Not ideal for businesses with their own website
- Not ideal to stick with the app when planning to expand small businesses
Keep in mind that these aforementioned companies may not commit to their usual advertised time due to the setbacks of the ECQ. Having different natures of operation, each company has different ways of fulfilling their deliveries. It is important that business owners would know which service in particular will be most efficient for the goods they sell.
On the other hand, among the different features and services these companies offer, they all have one goal in common: to help businesses move their goods during these trying times. Making them crucial for daily operations.
Partnered with proper online marketing, small businesses would be able to remain operational. This will keep business owners afloat despite the challenges set by the global pandemic.
Marketing Is Knowing And Understanding The Customer Well
As entrepreneurs, we shouldn’t sell. Instead, we must find products and solutions that will help our target customers. We shouldn’t take so much effort to land a sale. But we do need to market our brand, product, and services. We need to let other people know that we are offering solutions but still without sounding […]
A Freelancer’s Journey To Becoming An Entrepreneur
Being a freelancer is a common occupation these days. It’s not a bad thing; it is actually a great way to earn. Recently, I shared my journey from a freelance web developer to having my own business in PeepCon. Not everyone knows the real story on how I transitioned from someone who just accepts freelance […]
Be Someone Worth Reading Or Writing About
It’s common to see books about how to get rich fast or the stories of successful businessmen. Not every story applies to everyone, but we can always learn from their success. You won’t be successful right away—that’s a fact. But you can become successful, if you work hard and dedicate yourself in achieving your goals. […]
You Can’t Beat People In Social Media, Join Them Instead
The only way you can connect to your audience is by going to them. You need to find where they are hanging out and engage them there. You can’t wait for your target customers to come to you; you have to go to them. It’s the same case in digital marketing and social media. Find […]
Contactless Payments: A Gift to Business Owners In These Trying Times
In the advent of the worldwide pandemic globally known as CoronaVirus, most countries are forced to implement preventive measures in order to ensure safety of its citizens. These new policies such as interstate lockdowns, Enhanced Community Quarantine, and mandatory curfews strike a massive blow to the business sector, immobilizing the majority of its day to day operations.
The Best Advertising Is Done By Satisfied Customers
The result will always show if you’ve done a great work. Just like how satisfied customers will verify a great product or a service is. Philip Kotler said, “The best advertising is done by satisfied customers.” If you are looking for great advertisement for your product or brand, no need to look further. See how […]