Aesthetics pleases the eye, but function is what determines how useful a tool can be. When it comes to your WordPress blog, it needs to be both. Aesthetics will bring visible pleasure for your followers and great functionality for you and your followers.
A great way to do this is through a blog efficiency makeover. You just need to update and improve some things, maybe add a little feature that would help your SEO efforts as well as help your followers share your content easier.
- Include call-to-action footer images – We all know that call to action is important in every post. A clickable image at the bottom of each blog post, or a footer image, is even better. These images are an effective way for bloggers to promote certain products, services, or specific message to their readers. You may opt to use Photoshop of design bar images that will fit the width of you blog post column. Once you have the design, simply upload them into the WordPress Media Library and label them as “CTA”. This way, you can easily find the image in the media library. Once your footer image has been included in your blog post, you need to edit it. Make sure to insert a link in the “Link URL” section so that when your readers click on the tab, it will automatically go to the article you are promoting. If you are promoting a service, link it to a post that will tell them more about what you are offering.
- Insert tracking links – Tracking links essentially help you “track” activities on your blog, creating a more efficient system for your business. It lets you easily analyze which of your links are getting more clicks or which images are converting blog readers into subscribers. You may use a link-tracking software such as Improvely to help you with this.
- Make blog post images, pin-ready – Sharing content is important; this is how your content spreads through the internet. So you need to make sure that all your content can be easily shared, even the images. Make your blog post images more Pinterest-friendly by editing your image’s “Title” and “Alternative Text” sections to have the same title as your blog post. This helps in your SEO. Don’t forget to include a Pinterest plugin or share button too.
- Install Twitter cards – When you install a WordPress plugin that enables Twitter Cards, you blog’s content pop in the Twitter feed. Basically, when your readers share a link of a Twitter-card enable post, their tweet will feature an intro text and an image from your blog articles. Hence, the more visual and more attractive your blog’s content is in the Twitter feed, the more it is likely to be shared. Installing Twitter cards will require some developer skills and it is recommended to make some research. GitHub.com has some great resources in your interested to learn more about it.
- Establish Google authorship – Google authorship lets you connect the blog post authors’ Google+ accounts to WordPress. When you set up your Google authorship, your Google+ profile image and byline will be featured in the search results pages.
Do you have other WordPress tips and tricks you want to share? Let me know by leaving a comment below.
5 WordPress Tips For Beginners
One of the easiest ways to market your brand is by blogging. A helpful tool to use is WordPress. The good news is you don’t need to be a genius to work with it. Now you’re excited about the possibilities WordPress can offer, let me give you some tips on fully-utilizing your WordPress-based blog. Aim […]
5 WordPress Mistakes To Avoid
Is your blog getting poor rankings on Google? Are you optimizing your posts? You may be doing something wrong with your WordPress website. It could be that your website is not set up correctly; hence, you are not getting the most traffic in Google. Here are five mistakes to avoid: Not using any WordPress SEO […]
Integrating Social Media Platforms With Your WordPress Site
Social media is the best marketing strategy for a blog. It lets readers and followers to easily share your content. This is why you need to integrate various social media services into your website. You can opt to install a plugin to embed the sharing buttons and links on your website. Another option is using […]