It could be that your website is not set up correctly; hence, you are not getting the most traffic in Google. Here are five mistakes to avoid:
- Not using any WordPress SEO plugin — There are various WordPress plugins to help you optimize your website. They are there for a reason, so use one. You should have at least one plugin installed. You can choose from Scribe, WordPress SEO, Inbound Writer, or All in one SEO. Each plugin has its benefits. You just need to figure out which one would work best for your content. Just make sure to install one.
- No keywords in your page name – Put your target keywords on the page name so that Google can see. For example, you want to target the keywords wordpress tips. You assign your page name to be www.yourwebsite.com/wordpress-tips rather than www.yourwebsite.com/?7553013. To make sure you don’t commit this mistake, check the permalinks section in your WordPress website and set up how you want your page address will look like.
- Not linking between posts – Linking your content is one part of SEO. This helps Google index your blog posts. It is recommended to link your content to other online content related to it.
- Indexing pages you shouldn’t index – Just like your blog’s design, you need to keep indexed pages nice and tidy. If don’t necessarily need to index a page, just don’t. If it won’t provide much value, there’s no need to index it.
- Using up valuable keywords in poor-quality blog posts – You need to think about your keywords before writing great content. The only way to rank in Google is to have a valuable blog post with the appropriate keywords.
Check your WordPress site and see if you have committed any of these mistakes. If you did, then better correct them to optimized your blog better.
Blogging Is About Perfoming Everyday Not Writing One Key Post
We now know that content is king in internet marketing. But how do make sure we are blogging effectively? Aaron Wall, author of the SEO Book Blog, has an opinion about this, “Doing well with blogging is not about writing one key post, it is about performing day after day and helping a few people […]
Top 5 Tips To Grow Your Company’s Blog
Blogs are the humanize brands. It’s a way companies can show their personal side to their customers. Of course you want to provide valuable content and don’t just post everything and anything in the blog. Here are the top 5 tips to grow your company’s blog. Write blog posts for your readers not for Google […]
Integrating Social Media Platforms With Your WordPress Site
Social media is the best marketing strategy for a blog. It lets readers and followers to easily share your content. This is why you need to integrate various social media services into your website. You can opt to install a plugin to embed the sharing buttons and links on your website. Another option is using […]
Provide Content That Solves Your Customer’s Problems
Have you ever experienced having a question you so badly wanted answered that you felt very relieved someone provided an answer? What did you feel for the person who provided that answer? Did it help you, in any context, in the long run? This simple graphic explains that you need to answer those pressing questions […]
5 Reasons Why Brands Need to Have Their Own Blog
With the rise of Facebook, Twitter and other social networks, it’s out of the question whether getting a blog would be good for your brand. Everything’s digital nowadays and if you’re not in the Internet, you’re missing out on the good stuff (aka leads and customers). In this article, I’ll talk about why you must […]