Who doesn’t want to have the best blog in the internet? You’d be crazy not to want that. But there’s the question of how? Where do you start? What do you need to do to achieve that? Well, IT Pro Portal shared some handy tips to help make your blog more successful.
- Boost visibility with your keywords – Include keywords in your headlines, even proper names. This may mean using passive voice at times, but this could really boost blog traffic.
- More after the jump – How much text should there be in RSS feeds? There a number of opinions on the matter but you may want to follow this: Offer anything that you can read in the front page of your blog without clicking the “more” link in your feed.
- Cite your sources, always – This really is a no-brainer. Just out of respect, let your readers know if the idea is inspired by a previous blogger or if you don’t own the photo you’re posting. Also, there is also blog karma.
- Post early and often – Content is always good. This lets your readers tune in to what information you will be sharing next. So just get unto the habit of posting as often as you can.
- Draw them in with visuals – Images and photos draw in readers. It sparks their interest, plain and simple. So always include some visual aspects.
- More, more, more – Aside from photos, why not share videos. You can easily embed a YouTube video. Don’t just rely on texts, liven things up with photos and videos.
- Ask questions – It opens up discussions among followers as well as prompts engagement.
- Tags foster browsing – Always include tags on your posts. This lets users search within your site and will help in increasing traffic.
- Flaunt your opinions – “Columns expressing strong opinions are a great way to develop voice and authority for your blog while generating feedback.”
You might be asking why out of all the available content management systems out there, I’d recommend WordPress. Well, truth be told, WordPress was intended to only be a blogging platform. But thanks to the changing times and minds of the WordPress community, that changed and it can virtually be anything its users want it […]
3 Ways To Improve Your Call-to-action
How do you keep your readers hooked? One way is to keep on producing valuable content. But sometimes the last sentence or 3-5 words can make them come back to your site the next day. It is the call-to-action. Usually, call-to-action includes the words “click here,” “sign-up today,” and “buy now.” They generally answer the […]
6 Tips To Freshen Up Your Blog
We all need to freshen things up or just to update certain aspects in our daily life; maybe you can do that on your workout routine or even in your blog. Freshening it up is the same as introducing something new or incorporating another aspect. Experimenting will always be part of a business in order […]
Essential Ingredients Of A Good Blog Post
A good blog post is not just about how interesting the topic you write. Of course, there’s the grammar and spelling and then some. Copyblogger shared their tips on what a blog post should have. See the infogragraphic below to see the essential ingredients every blog post needs. Like this infographic? Get content marketing advice […]
5 Sites For WordPress Tips
We are always on the lookout for improvements and how else we can make our blogs better. We often rely on tips and hacks to find the best ways to make sure our WordPress-based blogs up to date. Recently, I found some great resources that would help bloggers to update and improve their WordPress-based websites. […]
How to make your Blog go VIRAL
What does it means to be “Viral?” Essentially, it is the phenomenon of how content spreads. It is more than posting comedic photos or videos. How can you make your blog become viral? Let me share my formula on how you can make your blog go viral. Once you publish your blog, put it… everywhere! […]