Most people forget that blogging is an avenue to share knowledge and information when they see it more of a task. When bloggers start seeing it as a task or work, they may feel uninspired to blog. Also, some bloggers may feel blogging burnout trying to come up with topics to discuss.
In order to avoid blogging burnout, here are a few tips you can consider:
1. Keep The Topic Broad – Remember to have a broad blog topic you can play around with for a long time. Your passion, context, and interest may change overtime. So it is good to have a broader topic to let you move fluidly between topics. If the focus is too narrow, the blog may eventually die out.
2. Keep It Long term – The same with the topic, you want a blog name that will stand the test of time, or relevant. You can’t simply pick a name base on fad. Avoid names related to a current product or buzzword.
3. Keep A List Of Topics – You can have a notebook to keep all your blog ideas when it hits you. You can also use voice memos or use applications such as Evernote. Follow bloggers you admire and aspire to be. Find inspirations from by reading other blogs or magazines.
4. Have Fun – The best way to eliminate burnout is by having fun. Don’t let out the fun go out. Share posts or topics that you find amusing and interesting. Better yet, create a series that would introduce humor. This will surely benefit you and your readers.
5. You Can’t Please Everyone – Yes, we are writing for our readers and target followers. But truth is, not everyone may agree with you. Don’t think too hard on how you can keep your readers happy by avoiding provoking thoughts. Instead, learn on how to engage with them. Don’t please them. Share information that will benefit.
6. Don’t Think About The Metrics Too Much – There really is no need to think about numbers. It puts away the fun in blogging and would often times pressure you. Focus on the content. Create relevant content that your audience will love.
When you start feeling the blogging burnout, go through these tips and keep the blogging fire alive.
Tips To Improve WordPress Security
It’s never fun to get your website hacked. So it’s better to have your website secured from the start. WooThemes has some tips on how you can keep your website safe with the additional security measures discussed below: First of is to use a secure hosting. According to WooThemes, “hosting vulnerabilities account for a huge […]
Be A Better Business Writer By Reading Children’s Books
They say readers are the best writers. Reading doesn’t just work your brains out; it also lets you become more familiar with sentence structures and grammar. More importantly, reading fuels your creativity. In a Copyblogger article, it says that writers can benefit from reading children’s stories. These books are categorized as “children’s” stories “because in […]
How To Maintain Your WordPress Site
Once you have built your website or blog, you are good to go. But that doesn’t mean the work is done. Like any business office or home, maintenance is key in making sure everything is in top shape. Here are a few things you need to remember to make sure your WordPress site runs smoothly. […]
Create Something People Want To Share
Look around, browse around, people are here to share different information every day and every minute. From the mundane, “What’s in your mind?” and “What’s happening”, to those highly important world issues, sharing information has become part of our lives. This is also a way to measure how much impact or relevance a person or […]
Hot WordPress Trends For 2014
It’s no secret that WordPress is a popular CMS-based website platform today. In fact, at least 19% of websites in the Internet are powered by WordPress and that number will just grow this 2014. WordPress website trends constantly changed for the last 10 years. This year, it will be an entirely new ballgame. Below are […]
How to make your Blog go VIRAL
What does it means to be “Viral?” Essentially, it is the phenomenon of how content spreads. It is more than posting comedic photos or videos. How can you make your blog become viral? Let me share my formula on how you can make your blog go viral. Once you publish your blog, put it… everywhere! […]