Most people forget that blogging is an avenue to share knowledge and information when they see it more of a task. When bloggers start seeing it as a task or work, they may feel uninspired to blog. Also, some bloggers may feel blogging burnout trying to come up with topics to discuss.
In order to avoid blogging burnout, here are a few tips you can consider:
1. Keep The Topic Broad – Remember to have a broad blog topic you can play around with for a long time. Your passion, context, and interest may change overtime. So it is good to have a broader topic to let you move fluidly between topics. If the focus is too narrow, the blog may eventually die out.
2. Keep It Long term – The same with the topic, you want a blog name that will stand the test of time, or relevant. You can’t simply pick a name base on fad. Avoid names related to a current product or buzzword.
3. Keep A List Of Topics – You can have a notebook to keep all your blog ideas when it hits you. You can also use voice memos or use applications such as Evernote. Follow bloggers you admire and aspire to be. Find inspirations from by reading other blogs or magazines.
4. Have Fun – The best way to eliminate burnout is by having fun. Don’t let out the fun go out. Share posts or topics that you find amusing and interesting. Better yet, create a series that would introduce humor. This will surely benefit you and your readers.
5. You Can’t Please Everyone – Yes, we are writing for our readers and target followers. But truth is, not everyone may agree with you. Don’t think too hard on how you can keep your readers happy by avoiding provoking thoughts. Instead, learn on how to engage with them. Don’t please them. Share information that will benefit.
6. Don’t Think About The Metrics Too Much – There really is no need to think about numbers. It puts away the fun in blogging and would often times pressure you. Focus on the content. Create relevant content that your audience will love.
When you start feeling the blogging burnout, go through these tips and keep the blogging fire alive.
Motivate Yourself To Blog!
It’s 2014 and we are all gearing up for the new chapter in our lives. When it comes to blogging, you need to keep yourself motivated to write great content. It’s natural to feel stuck but why let that happen? It’s better to stay motivated and keep your blog rolling all year round. Here are […]
Essential Ingredients Of A Good Blog Post
A good blog post is not just about how interesting the topic you write. Of course, there’s the grammar and spelling and then some. Copyblogger shared their tips on what a blog post should have. See the infogragraphic below to see the essential ingredients every blog post needs. Like this infographic? Get content marketing advice […]
The Advantages of Blogging for Your Business
Blogging is no longer just an avenue to express your feelings online. Now, it has become a way to build your business’ online presence. Although not necessary, it has proven to be a great way to increase visitor traffic to your website. Thus, helping increase the chance of getting customers and improving sales. But how […]
One-Sentence Tips For Bloggers
The blogging world is a vast community. There are tips after tips on how to blog better and how to capture your readers’ attention online. But let’s avoid the hassle of sifting through more than a hundred thousand tips. Jeff Bulas compiled the tips into one great list, organizing them into several categories such as: […]
You might be asking why out of all the available content management systems out there, I’d recommend WordPress. Well, truth be told, WordPress was intended to only be a blogging platform. But thanks to the changing times and minds of the WordPress community, that changed and it can virtually be anything its users want it […]