Most people forget that blogging is an avenue to share knowledge and information when they see it more of a task. When bloggers start seeing it as a task or work, they may feel uninspired to blog. Also, some bloggers may feel blogging burnout trying to come up with topics to discuss.
In order to avoid blogging burnout, here are a few tips you can consider:
1. Keep The Topic Broad – Remember to have a broad blog topic you can play around with for a long time. Your passion, context, and interest may change overtime. So it is good to have a broader topic to let you move fluidly between topics. If the focus is too narrow, the blog may eventually die out.
2. Keep It Long term – The same with the topic, you want a blog name that will stand the test of time, or relevant. You can’t simply pick a name base on fad. Avoid names related to a current product or buzzword.
3. Keep A List Of Topics – You can have a notebook to keep all your blog ideas when it hits you. You can also use voice memos or use applications such as Evernote. Follow bloggers you admire and aspire to be. Find inspirations from by reading other blogs or magazines.
4. Have Fun – The best way to eliminate burnout is by having fun. Don’t let out the fun go out. Share posts or topics that you find amusing and interesting. Better yet, create a series that would introduce humor. This will surely benefit you and your readers.
5. You Can’t Please Everyone – Yes, we are writing for our readers and target followers. But truth is, not everyone may agree with you. Don’t think too hard on how you can keep your readers happy by avoiding provoking thoughts. Instead, learn on how to engage with them. Don’t please them. Share information that will benefit.
6. Don’t Think About The Metrics Too Much – There really is no need to think about numbers. It puts away the fun in blogging and would often times pressure you. Focus on the content. Create relevant content that your audience will love.
When you start feeling the blogging burnout, go through these tips and keep the blogging fire alive.
9 Handy Tips To Blog Better
Who doesn’t want to have the best blog in the internet? You’d be crazy not to want that. But there’s the question of how? Where do you start? What do you need to do to achieve that? Well, IT Pro Portal shared some handy tips to help make your blog more successful. Boost visibility with your […]
Companies That Blog Have 55% More Website Visitors
So why is this the case? Simple, really. People want to associate themselves with a brand that’s human enough to take care of their needs. Sure, a website with all that look and feel will look good. But beyond the surface lies nothing else but the intention to take whatever money’s left in their target […]
How to make your Blog go VIRAL
What does it means to be “Viral?” Essentially, it is the phenomenon of how content spreads. It is more than posting comedic photos or videos. How can you make your blog become viral? Let me share my formula on how you can make your blog go viral. Once you publish your blog, put it… everywhere! […]
5 WordPress Mistakes To Avoid
Is your blog getting poor rankings on Google? Are you optimizing your posts? You may be doing something wrong with your WordPress website. It could be that your website is not set up correctly; hence, you are not getting the most traffic in Google. Here are five mistakes to avoid: Not using any WordPress SEO […]
Make Your Website To Be Mobile-Ready
Nowadays, it’s not enough to just have a website. You also need to make sure that your viewers can access your site no matter what electronic gadget they are using, including mobile devices. Thus, it’s important to adapt a more responsive layout for your website. There are several ways to make your WordPress blog or […]
After Publish Blog Post Checklist
There are so many things to consider before publishing a blog post. We often create our own checklist just to make sure we cover everything and that no detail is left behind. Pat Flynn of smartpassiveincome.com believes that we should also form a checklist on after we publish a blog post. He said that most […]