Most people forget that blogging is an avenue to share knowledge and information when they see it more of a task. When bloggers start seeing it as a task or work, they may feel uninspired to blog. Also, some bloggers may feel blogging burnout trying to come up with topics to discuss.
In order to avoid blogging burnout, here are a few tips you can consider:
1. Keep The Topic Broad – Remember to have a broad blog topic you can play around with for a long time. Your passion, context, and interest may change overtime. So it is good to have a broader topic to let you move fluidly between topics. If the focus is too narrow, the blog may eventually die out.
2. Keep It Long term – The same with the topic, you want a blog name that will stand the test of time, or relevant. You can’t simply pick a name base on fad. Avoid names related to a current product or buzzword.
3. Keep A List Of Topics – You can have a notebook to keep all your blog ideas when it hits you. You can also use voice memos or use applications such as Evernote. Follow bloggers you admire and aspire to be. Find inspirations from by reading other blogs or magazines.
4. Have Fun – The best way to eliminate burnout is by having fun. Don’t let out the fun go out. Share posts or topics that you find amusing and interesting. Better yet, create a series that would introduce humor. This will surely benefit you and your readers.
5. You Can’t Please Everyone – Yes, we are writing for our readers and target followers. But truth is, not everyone may agree with you. Don’t think too hard on how you can keep your readers happy by avoiding provoking thoughts. Instead, learn on how to engage with them. Don’t please them. Share information that will benefit.
6. Don’t Think About The Metrics Too Much – There really is no need to think about numbers. It puts away the fun in blogging and would often times pressure you. Focus on the content. Create relevant content that your audience will love.
When you start feeling the blogging burnout, go through these tips and keep the blogging fire alive.
4 Reasons Why You Need Images On Your Blog
Let’s face it! We need a visual representation of what we are talking about. We have been practicing this since the first time we went to school. We have then the blackboard as a medium. So why shouldn’t we use images on our blogs. In case, you still feel that you don’t need images on […]
WordPress Most Popular Security Plugins
Online security is something you can’t take lightly, especially on your website. You want to avoid hackers from taking over your website as well as your content backed up. WordPress users can rely on security plugins to keep data safe every single time. Below is an infographic showing the various WordPress security plugins you can […]
Blogs As The First Piece Of Social Media Real Estate
Online businesses today can’t just rely on their websites. They need to set a strong online presence and to engage with people. Social media will help, but having a blog will be even more valuable. When it comes to real estate, you want to own a home, not rent it. If you are serious about […]
Make Your Website To Be Mobile-Ready
Nowadays, it’s not enough to just have a website. You also need to make sure that your viewers can access your site no matter what electronic gadget they are using, including mobile devices. Thus, it’s important to adapt a more responsive layout for your website. There are several ways to make your WordPress blog or […]
Top 5 Tips To Grow Your Company’s Blog
Blogs are the humanize brands. It’s a way companies can show their personal side to their customers. Of course you want to provide valuable content and don’t just post everything and anything in the blog. Here are the top 5 tips to grow your company’s blog. Write blog posts for your readers not for Google […]
Write Good Content About Stuff That You Love
If you want to be a successful blogger, be sure to write something that you love. Don’t even attempt of discussing things you don’t like just because you’ll have a higher success rate at it. The success of a blog also relies on how long you will write valuable content. And the only way you […]