Facebook marketing is just one of the important aspects of internet marketing. This social media platform helps us engage with readers and customers. Moreover, it’s a great way to expand your network and show the human side of your brand/business.
The first thing you want to do is set up a Facebook page for your brand. So you might be asking, “Why do I need a Facebook page, when I already have a Facebook profile?”
Here are the main differences between a Facebook Profile and Page
- Usage – Facebook profiles are for personal use to connect with friends, while the Page are for businesses and brands.
- Friends and Fans – Our connections in Profiles are called friends while in Pages, we call them Fans.
- Size of Network – In your Facebook Profile you only get a maximum of 5,000 friends, whereas in your Page, you can have unlimited fans.
- Performance Metrics and Analytics – This is a way to measure how well our page is doing. It is only available in Facebook Pages
- Promotion – Facebook Ads are primarily available in Facebook Pages. On the other hand, in Facebook profiles there is now a way to promote your posts.
When it comes to setting up your Facebook Page, here are a few tips to consider:
- Use a Cover Photo that talks about your brand – It must be attractive and attention grabbing. Also, it should say something about your brand. It should not be an ad space and must not include any references to websites, contact numbers, address, etc., as this is against Facebook’s terms and conditions.
- Choose a relevant username – The format will be www.facebook/username/. For example, my Facebook Page’s username is www.facebook.com/InternetMarketingPH. Don’t forget to check the available username and confirm the other details before finalizing everything. Because once you select your username, you can’t change it anymore.
- Fill up the About and Info section – Make sure it is keyword rich. Don’t forget to complete the company profile and description.
- Use your Facebook Page Apps – This is a great way to promote your other social media profiles.
Leverage your business by setting up a Facebook Page. If you want to learn more about Facebook Marketing, watch the webinar replay here. Registration is free. Watch out for more Digital Marketing webinars.
Q&A Session: Digital Marketing 101
Digital marketing is a strategy all entrepreneurs need in order to grow their businesses, as I have mentioned previously in my Digital Marketing 101 Webinar. But there are still a lot to learn on how to do it effectively. To answer some of your questions, I recently conducted a Q&A session. There were a lot […]
The Average Facebook User Spends 7 hours/Month on Facebook
A little tip, folks. When you’re on Facebook, rubbing elbows with your audience and providing them with the answers, solutions and value they deserve, be a little thankful they’re there. After all, the average Facebook user spends ’round 7 hours in the big blue social network – that’s 7 hours of potential lead generation, relationship […]
Cut-back or Pivot? How businesses can maximize Digital Marketing to survive a Pandemic
Here’s how you can push through with your digital marketing campaigns STRATEGICALLY in light of a pandemic and a looming recession. COVID-19 struck the world early in the year 2020 and it has so far affected major economic superpowers. While major conglomerates and corporations are able to weather the impact of this pandemic, small […]
Tips on Optimizing your Facebook Page
Facebook is simply one of the best assets an Internet marketer has if he were to spread awareness and nourish trust in his community. Sadly though, while Facebook is a fairly easy social network to find your way in, a lot of marketers get lost. The challenge basically lies in getting people to like your […]
Think About What A User Is Going To Type
Our best critics are our customers. They will tell you exactly what they think of your brand, product, or service. They are not shy about it too. So how can we make sure we can provide them with great solutions? Firstly, we need to put ourselves in their shoes. We need to know what they […]