Smart Insights has established the fact you need a digital plan to support your organization’s digital transformation. In an informal poll they ran back in 2012 and 2013, they found how widely formal digital strategies were used. Results showed that around two-thirds to three quarters of respondents don’t have a digital plan. Also, many of them were already doing digital marketing without any prioritized plan of activities to ensure the success of online marketing.
Fast forward to 2014, the latest research suggested an improvement when it comes to planning. Only fewer than half doesn’t have a digital strategy. To those who have figured out their digital strategy, Congratulations!
However, not everyone seems to realize they need a digital channel strategy. In case you are one of those entrepreneurs, here are reasons why you need to start considering a strong digital marketing strategy for your online business:
- You’re directionless – Without a digital strategy, your company lack clear strategic goals on what you want to achieve online. These goals can be to gain new customers or to build better relationships with existing ones. When you don’t have goals, you won’t be able to put your resources to reach new targets and you won’t evaluate results through analytics.
- You won’t know your online market share – You need to understand your online marketplace. The dynamics is very different compared to traditional channels such as different types of customer profile and behaviour, competitors, propositions and options for marketing communications.
- Existing and start-up competitors will gain market share – If you’re not devoting enough resources to your own digital marketing strategies or have not defined them yet, then your competitors will likely take advantage of that.
- You don’t have a powerful online value proposition – A clear and defined online customer value proposition will separate your brand. Also, it will encourage loyalty among your existing and new customers.
- You don’t know your online customers well enough – Sure Google Analytics can help you measure the volume of your visitors and followers. However, it can’t identify your weak points and how to address them.
- You’re not integrated – It’s best to integrate digital media with other traditional media and response channels.
- Digital doesn’t have enough people/budget given its importance – It may prove difficult to respond immediately and effectively to competitive threats because there are insufficient resources focused on planning and executing e-marketing. Also, it is likely that there is a lack of e-marketing specialists.
- You’re wasting money and time through duplication – Be wise with your resources and don’t let them go to waste. This usually happens with large companies where they have different marketing organization purchasing different tools or using different agencies performing similar online marketing tasks.
- You’re not agile enough to catch up or stay ahead – Keep innovating and try new approaches in order to gain and keep your online audiences.
- You’re not optimizing – Once you have all the basics right, you need to make sure there is continuous improvement of the key aspects like search marketing, site user experience, email and social media marketing.
To learn more, you may visit this article from Smart Insights.
Your Culture Is Your Brand
A brand is not just a mere logo or a product; it is how we represent ourselves to our target customers. It is also how we want to be known. There are a lot of brands today but there is always one that would dominate a certain industry. You would know branding is effective when […]
Social Media Marketing Daily Do’s
Previously, we’ve discussed what social media marketing and how you can use them to your business’ advantage. But it’s not enough to simply create an account in Facebook or Twitter; you need to fully utilize them. Here are some daily tasks you can do to make sure you fully use social media:
Free Webinar Series: Digital Marketing 101
Last Monday, I was fortunate to share my knowledge on Internet Marketing and its importance for all businesses in a free webinar. In this webinar, I talked about how Internet marketing is no longer an option, it is now a requirement. If you want a successful business, you need to make an effort to look […]
The Power Of Word Of Mouth
Word-of-mouth recommendation has always been powerful, even now when you can almost get everything online. In fact, Joe Pulizzo and Newt Barrett said, “Word-of-mouth marketing has always been important. Today, it’s more important than ever because of the power of the Internet.” The Internet is a free space where anyone can almost say anything. Information […]
There Is No Black Magic To Online Customer Success
How do you attract customers in the Internet? There certainly is no secret formula to concoct that will ensure you get a certain number of customers. But it can be done. You can have a successful online business. Truth is, hard work and time has got a lot to do with it. Rand Fishkin said, […]
A Company’s Website Is Key To Their Entire Business
Establishing a strong online presence is just as important as reaching your target sales and marketing in your community—That’s the rule in business nowadays. It’s not enough you’re marketing your business offline. Things are changing; you can’t practice all the old-school marketing in a new age. Today, your target customers are searching for your business […]