Smart Insights has established the fact you need a digital plan to support your organization’s digital transformation. In an informal poll they ran back in 2012 and 2013, they found how widely formal digital strategies were used. Results showed that around two-thirds to three quarters of respondents don’t have a digital plan. Also, many of them were already doing digital marketing without any prioritized plan of activities to ensure the success of online marketing.
Fast forward to 2014, the latest research suggested an improvement when it comes to planning. Only fewer than half doesn’t have a digital strategy. To those who have figured out their digital strategy, Congratulations!
However, not everyone seems to realize they need a digital channel strategy. In case you are one of those entrepreneurs, here are reasons why you need to start considering a strong digital marketing strategy for your online business:
- You’re directionless – Without a digital strategy, your company lack clear strategic goals on what you want to achieve online. These goals can be to gain new customers or to build better relationships with existing ones. When you don’t have goals, you won’t be able to put your resources to reach new targets and you won’t evaluate results through analytics.
- You won’t know your online market share – You need to understand your online marketplace. The dynamics is very different compared to traditional channels such as different types of customer profile and behaviour, competitors, propositions and options for marketing communications.
- Existing and start-up competitors will gain market share – If you’re not devoting enough resources to your own digital marketing strategies or have not defined them yet, then your competitors will likely take advantage of that.
- You don’t have a powerful online value proposition – A clear and defined online customer value proposition will separate your brand. Also, it will encourage loyalty among your existing and new customers.
- You don’t know your online customers well enough – Sure Google Analytics can help you measure the volume of your visitors and followers. However, it can’t identify your weak points and how to address them.
- You’re not integrated – It’s best to integrate digital media with other traditional media and response channels.
- Digital doesn’t have enough people/budget given its importance – It may prove difficult to respond immediately and effectively to competitive threats because there are insufficient resources focused on planning and executing e-marketing. Also, it is likely that there is a lack of e-marketing specialists.
- You’re wasting money and time through duplication – Be wise with your resources and don’t let them go to waste. This usually happens with large companies where they have different marketing organization purchasing different tools or using different agencies performing similar online marketing tasks.
- You’re not agile enough to catch up or stay ahead – Keep innovating and try new approaches in order to gain and keep your online audiences.
- You’re not optimizing – Once you have all the basics right, you need to make sure there is continuous improvement of the key aspects like search marketing, site user experience, email and social media marketing.
To learn more, you may visit this article from Smart Insights.
Make It Happen Mondays: Passion is the path to Abundance!
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN get rich even when you’re doing the things you love. You see, in the Philippines, most people think that in order for them to be rich, they have to let go of whatever it is they’re genuinely passionate about. Consider this story:
Share And Engage
These days, we have so many ways and medium to connect that sharing information becomes so easy. Meanwhile, what and how we connect can dictate the amount of influence we have on people. A recommendation can make us while an opinion can break us. With all the information available online, we sometimes don’t know which […]
Facebook Marketing 101: Managing Facebook Engagement
Brands take advantage of their Facebook Pages, knowing this is a great platform to engage with their target audience and distribute content. In order to succeed, you need to make sure you are managing the content and engagement in Facebook well. First off, you need to do your Facebook Content Plan by answering these You […]
By Listening, Marketing Will Re-learn How To Talk
The best way to improve is to take time and assess what works, what didn’t work, and what could work better. When it comes to a business, it is the same thing. The main difference is we have followers and customers who will give us feedbacks. In order to provide better services and products, we […]
Cut-back or Pivot? How businesses can maximize Digital Marketing to survive a Pandemic
Here’s how you can push through with your digital marketing campaigns STRATEGICALLY in light of a pandemic and a looming recession. COVID-19 struck the world early in the year 2020 and it has so far affected major economic superpowers. While major conglomerates and corporations are able to weather the impact of this pandemic, small […]
Make Everything That You Do, Matter
A lot of people are venturing in online businesses nowadays most especially because of the great benefits and advantages like quick setup and work anywhere. But one challenging part in Internet-based businesses is, having loyal clients. This is a challenge because we have to exert more effort to connect to people because we lack the […]