Smart Insights has established the fact you need a digital plan to support your organization’s digital transformation. In an informal poll they ran back in 2012 and 2013, they found how widely formal digital strategies were used. Results showed that around two-thirds to three quarters of respondents don’t have a digital plan. Also, many of them were already doing digital marketing without any prioritized plan of activities to ensure the success of online marketing.
Fast forward to 2014, the latest research suggested an improvement when it comes to planning. Only fewer than half doesn’t have a digital strategy. To those who have figured out their digital strategy, Congratulations!
However, not everyone seems to realize they need a digital channel strategy. In case you are one of those entrepreneurs, here are reasons why you need to start considering a strong digital marketing strategy for your online business:
- You’re directionless – Without a digital strategy, your company lack clear strategic goals on what you want to achieve online. These goals can be to gain new customers or to build better relationships with existing ones. When you don’t have goals, you won’t be able to put your resources to reach new targets and you won’t evaluate results through analytics.
- You won’t know your online market share – You need to understand your online marketplace. The dynamics is very different compared to traditional channels such as different types of customer profile and behaviour, competitors, propositions and options for marketing communications.
- Existing and start-up competitors will gain market share – If you’re not devoting enough resources to your own digital marketing strategies or have not defined them yet, then your competitors will likely take advantage of that.
- You don’t have a powerful online value proposition – A clear and defined online customer value proposition will separate your brand. Also, it will encourage loyalty among your existing and new customers.
- You don’t know your online customers well enough – Sure Google Analytics can help you measure the volume of your visitors and followers. However, it can’t identify your weak points and how to address them.
- You’re not integrated – It’s best to integrate digital media with other traditional media and response channels.
- Digital doesn’t have enough people/budget given its importance – It may prove difficult to respond immediately and effectively to competitive threats because there are insufficient resources focused on planning and executing e-marketing. Also, it is likely that there is a lack of e-marketing specialists.
- You’re wasting money and time through duplication – Be wise with your resources and don’t let them go to waste. This usually happens with large companies where they have different marketing organization purchasing different tools or using different agencies performing similar online marketing tasks.
- You’re not agile enough to catch up or stay ahead – Keep innovating and try new approaches in order to gain and keep your online audiences.
- You’re not optimizing – Once you have all the basics right, you need to make sure there is continuous improvement of the key aspects like search marketing, site user experience, email and social media marketing.
To learn more, you may visit this article from Smart Insights.
Success On The Web Lies On Honesty and Authenticity
Even if we are connecting digitally, people can sense if you are being untrue. Once they found out you are just giving them lies, you will lose their trust. It’s not always about what else you can give the customers and readers, but how true is your message. The way we talk to them and […]
Tell People What Specific Action To Take
Directing our clients to what they can do is one way we can show our passion for our work. It also helps bring us closer to them as we start to relate with them. In digital marketing, guiding our clients is a good way to offer our products. Actions can spark intrigue and may […]
Top 5 Tips To Grow Your Company’s Blog
Blogs are the humanize brands. It’s a way companies can show their personal side to their customers. Of course you want to provide valuable content and don’t just post everything and anything in the blog. Here are the top 5 tips to grow your company’s blog. Write blog posts for your readers not for Google […]
The Future Of Business Is Social
Have you tweeted lately? How about updated your status in Facebook? Maybe you even shared a photo or video. These days, information can be easily shared online. We realize that whatever you need to see or find out about, you can easily find them online. We don’t just provide information, but we also share them. […]
Design and Marketing: Marketing Without Design Is Lifeless
Design and marketing goes hand in hand. One succeeds with the other’s help. Together, they can bring success in any entrepreneurs’ strategy. Von R. Glitschka said, “Marketing without design is lifeless, and design without marketing is mute.” Design brings out more than just color. It brings out life. It lets a product speak to its […]
The 3 Truths of Modern Business and the Internet
Brick and mortar businesses everywhere are literally struggling to outdo each other these days. And in the corporate world, big brands overshadow small business. PERIOD. Seems a little harsh, but that’s just the way it is these days. Or so we thought. The Internet or as I’d like to personally call it the great equalizer […]