Smart Insights has established the fact you need a digital plan to support your organization’s digital transformation. In an informal poll they ran back in 2012 and 2013, they found how widely formal digital strategies were used. Results showed that around two-thirds to three quarters of respondents don’t have a digital plan. Also, many of them were already doing digital marketing without any prioritized plan of activities to ensure the success of online marketing.
Fast forward to 2014, the latest research suggested an improvement when it comes to planning. Only fewer than half doesn’t have a digital strategy. To those who have figured out their digital strategy, Congratulations!
However, not everyone seems to realize they need a digital channel strategy. In case you are one of those entrepreneurs, here are reasons why you need to start considering a strong digital marketing strategy for your online business:
- You’re directionless – Without a digital strategy, your company lack clear strategic goals on what you want to achieve online. These goals can be to gain new customers or to build better relationships with existing ones. When you don’t have goals, you won’t be able to put your resources to reach new targets and you won’t evaluate results through analytics.
- You won’t know your online market share – You need to understand your online marketplace. The dynamics is very different compared to traditional channels such as different types of customer profile and behaviour, competitors, propositions and options for marketing communications.
- Existing and start-up competitors will gain market share – If you’re not devoting enough resources to your own digital marketing strategies or have not defined them yet, then your competitors will likely take advantage of that.
- You don’t have a powerful online value proposition – A clear and defined online customer value proposition will separate your brand. Also, it will encourage loyalty among your existing and new customers.
- You don’t know your online customers well enough – Sure Google Analytics can help you measure the volume of your visitors and followers. However, it can’t identify your weak points and how to address them.
- You’re not integrated – It’s best to integrate digital media with other traditional media and response channels.
- Digital doesn’t have enough people/budget given its importance – It may prove difficult to respond immediately and effectively to competitive threats because there are insufficient resources focused on planning and executing e-marketing. Also, it is likely that there is a lack of e-marketing specialists.
- You’re wasting money and time through duplication – Be wise with your resources and don’t let them go to waste. This usually happens with large companies where they have different marketing organization purchasing different tools or using different agencies performing similar online marketing tasks.
- You’re not agile enough to catch up or stay ahead – Keep innovating and try new approaches in order to gain and keep your online audiences.
- You’re not optimizing – Once you have all the basics right, you need to make sure there is continuous improvement of the key aspects like search marketing, site user experience, email and social media marketing.
To learn more, you may visit this article from Smart Insights.
Tips On How To Get Your Blog Post Shared
Distributing content is just as important as posting relevant and valuable content. It goes hand in hand. Without the proper distribution, you won’t reach your target audience and they won’t know your awesome content. So you need to make sure to spread your content on all relevant social media channels. Meanwhile, in order to get […]
SEO: What is it?
Whenever talking about online businesses, you can’t help but hear the term SEO. What is it anyway? And why is it so important? SEO, the acronym for Search Engine Optimization, is simply how search engines, like Google, Yahoo, and Bing, rate your website in terms of relevance and importance on users searches through the keywords. […]
Relevance Makes Content Engaging
Image from HubSpot Nobody wants news of what happened two weeks ago. People want to know what is happening now. It is about being updated with the current events and what’s interesting for them. The best way to talk to your followers is by updating them and by giving them relevant information. These information needs […]
Learn From Your Most Unhappy Customers
Our customers are our greatest critics. We can get the most honest feedback from them. And when it coms to learning from our mistakes, we must listen to our most unhappy customers. It’s just like what Bill Gates said, “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.”
Content Marketing 101
Videos, blogs, and tweets – these are all part of content marketing. But until now, some are still confused as to what it really means. According to Content Marketing Institute, Content marketing is a marketing technique of creating and distributing relevant and valuable content to ATTRACT, ACQUIRE, and ENGAGE a clearly defined and understood target […]
Why Should You Use Content Marketing for your Business
When it comes to using content marketing for your business, you need to remember these three letters: E, V, and C. These stand for Engagement, Visibility, and Cost. Engagement is being able to connect your followers as well as building a relationship with them. Visibility, on the other hand, is being present in the avenues […]