Blogging is all about content—Yes, we have established that already. But you also need to spread your content all over the internet to really make the most of your content. One way to do this is by submitting guest posts to blogs that are relevant to your industry.
But this isn’t as easy as you think. You need to get approved before your guest post gets published. To do this, you will need to do some work.
- Know your targets – Take time to know what are the popular blogs in your chosen industry. You can either target the large blogs with broader focus or reach out to the smaller blogs with a narrow focus.
- Do your research – In any business, you need to do some research before taking actions. Once you have defined your targets, you need to research the kind of posts they publish and how they publish them. Are they into reviews, “how-to’”, or industry updates? Then, take note of how they publish their content. Do they prefer short and concise content or do they go for long and research-heavy posts?
- Reach out – When you have done your research, it’s time to reach out and do some leg work. Don’t just send emails to “contact@…” or “info@…”, find the actual email of the editor. One way to do this is by using the tool, Rapportive.
- Write something post-worthy – Simply put; write something really good the blogger would want to post it. So take note that the post needs to fit the overall voice of the blog. If the blogs send you rules and best practices for guest posting, it’s best to stick to these rules.
- Follow up – It’s better to connect and create good relationships with these bloggers. Also, why stop in guest posting once when you can become a regular contributor? The best practice is to follow up and thank them for letting you be a guest blogger. In the future, you may also want to offer your services specially if your post gained popularity.
Do you have other guest blogging practices you want to share? Let me know on the comments section below. Happy guest blogging!
Blogs As The First Piece Of Social Media Real Estate
Online businesses today can’t just rely on their websites. They need to set a strong online presence and to engage with people. Social media will help, but having a blog will be even more valuable. When it comes to real estate, you want to own a home, not rent it. If you are serious about […]
Focus On A Blog That’s Great For Your Readers
There are so many blogs these days it can be hard to compete. But fact is, readers will always look for you once you provide them with what they want, which is great content. Brian Clark believes we shouldn’t “focus on having a great blog. Focus on producing a blog that’s great for your readers.” […]
Make Your Website To Be Mobile-Ready
Nowadays, it’s not enough to just have a website. You also need to make sure that your viewers can access your site no matter what electronic gadget they are using, including mobile devices. Thus, it’s important to adapt a more responsive layout for your website. There are several ways to make your WordPress blog or […]
Integrating Social Media Platforms With Your WordPress Site
Social media is the best marketing strategy for a blog. It lets readers and followers to easily share your content. This is why you need to integrate various social media services into your website. You can opt to install a plugin to embed the sharing buttons and links on your website. Another option is using […]
Essential Ingredients Of A Good Blog Post
A good blog post is not just about how interesting the topic you write. Of course, there’s the grammar and spelling and then some. Copyblogger shared their tips on what a blog post should have. See the infogragraphic below to see the essential ingredients every blog post needs. Like this infographic? Get content marketing advice […]