We all need to freshen things up or just to update certain aspects in our daily life; maybe you can do that on your workout routine or even in your blog. Freshening it up is the same as introducing something new or incorporating another aspect. Experimenting will always be part of a business in order to grow and progress.
It is just the first quarter of the year and you have every chance to assess your blog and see how you can improve it. Business 2 Community shared some interesting tips on how to do it. Here are some of them.
- Do a walk-through of your site. – Put yourself in the shoes of your customer and see how the experience will be. As you do this, you can define how easy and the challenges that may arise for your customer. The goal here is to make the experience for your customer as easy as possible. Also, assess if you are able to effectively present what your blog is about. Are you giving relevant information? Are you able to offer your services? People have shorter attention spans nowadays so make sure you are able to grab theirs for the first 30 seconds they spend on your site. It will also help to place yourself in the shoes of different types of customers, depending on your target market.
- Do a passion test. – Does your blog represent you and your passions? Do users instantly get a feel of your passion? In other words, are you getting your message across?
- Take note of your audience. – In everything you do in our website or blog, remember your audience. Refreshing your blog doesn’t mean you have to change everything. It should update and enhance your site to the point that it will inspire your readers and followers. Your blog must be able to engage with your audience and provide value.
- Build relationships. – One additional like doesn’t automatically mean you’ve gained an audience. It takes more for people to let you in, so take the time to connect with them. Engagement is the first step to earn their trust. You need to do more. You need to listen to their needs and fears. Use their feedback to be able to provide more valuable content that are relevant to your audience.
- Blog more. – Applying physical changes to your blog is not enough. You need to provide substance to each page so that your audience has a reason to read what you have to say. The only way to do that is provide relevant and valuable content. So keep blogging and share more.
- Inject humor and feelings. – The best way to move your customers is by making them feel. One way is by making them laugh and another is by inspiring them. Humor can help everyone talk about a difficult topic. Connect with your audience through emotions.
Want to know more tips on how to refresh your blog? Click here and see the rest of the list.
5 WordPress Mistakes To Avoid
Is your blog getting poor rankings on Google? Are you optimizing your posts? You may be doing something wrong with your WordPress website. It could be that your website is not set up correctly; hence, you are not getting the most traffic in Google. Here are five mistakes to avoid: Not using any WordPress SEO […]
How Long Should My Articles Be?
Length, word counts, and paragraphs, really? How long should your blog posts be? Is there a recommended word count? Copyblogger has a great answer for this question. The answer is, “As long as necessary. And no longer.” Brevity is important in any form of writing, whether offline or online. Content marketing is no different. We […]
3 Ways To Improve Your Call-to-action
How do you keep your readers hooked? One way is to keep on producing valuable content. But sometimes the last sentence or 3-5 words can make them come back to your site the next day. It is the call-to-action. Usually, call-to-action includes the words “click here,” “sign-up today,” and “buy now.” They generally answer the […]
Write Good Content About Stuff That You Love
If you want to be a successful blogger, be sure to write something that you love. Don’t even attempt of discussing things you don’t like just because you’ll have a higher success rate at it. The success of a blog also relies on how long you will write valuable content. And the only way you […]
Blogging Gets You More Business
So it’s a given fact that Google loves blogs. This is because blogs are made not by corporations or businesses, rather, people Real, live actual people who blog out of passion or maybe even boredom. And people are bound to trust other people – not just legal entities like corporations. But the point is that […]