Once you have built your website or blog, you are good to go. But that doesn’t mean the work is done. Like any business office or home, maintenance is key in making sure everything is in top shape. Here are a few things you need to remember to make sure your WordPress site runs smoothly.
- Back up your database, regularly – Nobody wants to lose his or her blog content. Just to be on the safe side, it’s better to regularly back up your database in case it happens. You can also opt for automated backups using a plugin like VaultPress.
- Monitor plugins – Plugins are can be really helpful, but the more plugins there are, the slower the site will be. Of course, this also depends on the quality of the plugins. Updating your plugins can help with your blog’s performance but at the same time it may conflict with other plugins. To make sure this won’t happen, it’s best to research on the plugin homepage and learn about any issues the arise with the update.
- Do some regular “housekeeping” chores – Like a house, there are some regular chores you need to do to keep it neat and organized. The same goes with your website. Some of these chores that will ensure your WordPress site runs smoothly and efficiently are:
- Check for broken links
- Delete spam comments
- Remove disabled plugins and inactive themes
- Delete duplicate/unused images and files
- Change your admin passwords
Incorporate these maintenance procedures into your schedule. You can do it twice a month or weekly. It all depends on you. The more frequent you clean it up, the better the performance will be.
Do you have other concerns about your WordPress website? Leave a comment below.
Blogs As The First Piece Of Social Media Real Estate
Online businesses today can’t just rely on their websites. They need to set a strong online presence and to engage with people. Social media will help, but having a blog will be even more valuable. When it comes to real estate, you want to own a home, not rent it. If you are serious about […]
5 Guest Posting Strategies
Blogging is all about content—Yes, we have established that already. But you also need to spread your content all over the internet to really make the most of your content. One way to do this is by submitting guest posts to blogs that are relevant to your industry. But this isn’t as easy as you […]
How to make your Blog go VIRAL
What does it means to be “Viral?” Essentially, it is the phenomenon of how content spreads. It is more than posting comedic photos or videos. How can you make your blog become viral? Let me share my formula on how you can make your blog go viral. Once you publish your blog, put it… everywhere! […]
Integrating Social Media Platforms With Your WordPress Site
Social media is the best marketing strategy for a blog. It lets readers and followers to easily share your content. This is why you need to integrate various social media services into your website. You can opt to install a plugin to embed the sharing buttons and links on your website. Another option is using […]
How to Make Money from Blogging?
Working hard is not just the key to success; it’s also about working smart. This is the new mantra. No wonder a lot of people are turning to getting home-based jobs. Success is not just limited to climbing the corporate ladder; it’s enjoying what you do as well as earning from it. One very popular […]
5 WordPress Tips For Beginners
One of the easiest ways to market your brand is by blogging. A helpful tool to use is WordPress. The good news is you don’t need to be a genius to work with it. Now you’re excited about the possibilities WordPress can offer, let me give you some tips on fully-utilizing your WordPress-based blog. Aim […]