Nowadays, it’s not enough to just have a website. You also need to make sure that your viewers can access your site no matter what electronic gadget they are using, including mobile devices. Thus, it’s important to adapt a more responsive layout for your website.
There are several ways to make your WordPress blog or website mobile-friendly. The quickest way to make your blog more mobile-friendly is through simple plugins. Here are some plugins you may want to consider installing:
- WPtouch – it basically strips your existing theme and shows the content of your site. It is user-friendly and works well with content-rich websites like blogs. It comes in free and premium versions.
- WordPress Mobile Pack – this plugin includes color options and can be used as a mobile switcher for a whole different look for mobile devices. Also, it is very handy in editing posts especially with its mobile interface.
- BuddyPress Mobile – This plugin works best when your website is running on BuddyPress. It allows you to edit the style sheet of your mobile design with its theme option.
Another way to make sure your website has a responsive layout is by installing mobile themes. This gives a consistent design across desktop and mobile. One example of these themes is Twenty Eleven, which is WordPress’ default theme. Other beautiful responsive themes are:
- Scherzo – this is great for those who like a clean and minimalist look. Best of all, it focuses on mobile-first responsive design.
- Jigoshop – this is the answer for making e-commerce websites mobile-friendly. It is a plugin and a theme. Best of all, you can customize it depending on your needs.
There are a lot of responsive themes out in the market today. Before you purchase one, make sure it has everything you need for your website to work fluidly.
Choose what works best for you. Opt to install a plugin or redesign your website with a new responsive theme. See what suits your website and make it mobile-friendly.
Why Blogging Is Good For Your Business?
People go online to search for information. Whether they are looking for a review or some contact info, chances are they might be looking at what your business can offer them. Your customers are online, so it is just natural that you go online too. Build your presence online and provide them with what they […]
Integrating Social Media Platforms With Your WordPress Site
Social media is the best marketing strategy for a blog. It lets readers and followers to easily share your content. This is why you need to integrate various social media services into your website. You can opt to install a plugin to embed the sharing buttons and links on your website. Another option is using […]
One-Sentence Tips For Bloggers
The blogging world is a vast community. There are tips after tips on how to blog better and how to capture your readers’ attention online. But let’s avoid the hassle of sifting through more than a hundred thousand tips. Jeff Bulas compiled the tips into one great list, organizing them into several categories such as: […]
6 Helpful WordPress Plugins Of 2013
Have you ever experienced having trouble with your WordPress plugins? Ever experienced a plugin slowing down your site? The culprit is a poorly-coded WordPress plugin! It’s really hard for bloggers to pick the right WordPress plugin, especially with more than 26,000 available. So, how do you know which WordPress plugins you need? You can start […]
[VIDEO] Build Your Business with Blogging
A lot of people have asked me why they should get a blog when they can only get a website to start an online business. Well, folks, I’ve got your answer right here: In this video, I’ll talk about why you should do blogging NOW. I’ll tell you why a blog can help you leverage […]