Videos, blogs, and tweets – these are all part of content marketing. But until now, some are still confused as to what it really means. According to Content Marketing Institute, Content marketing is a marketing technique of creating and distributing relevant and valuable content to ATTRACT, ACQUIRE, and ENGAGE a clearly defined and understood target audience – with the objective of driving profitable customer action.
Simply put, the objective of content marketing is to attract, acquire, and engage your target audience with relevant and valuable content.
Why should we use Content Marketing?
- Communicates Without Selling – people don’t like to be sold to, but they do like the engagement. This is one of the best ways to do it.
- Non-interruptive – with the attention span of 7-9 minutes, we need a direct way to provide valuable content and capture the attention of our visitors.
- Provides Value – it allows us to show our brand’s value proposition and even provide solution to our audience.
- Rewarded with Customer Loyalty and Trust – followers see brands and entrepreneurs as more than who sell products. With content we show the more human side and really reach out to them. Hence, we are rewarded with customer loyalty and tust.
- Generates Highly Qualified Leads and Customers – content helps gain more followers and leads because it provides information and solutions.
Steps to Content Marketing Success:
- Know your customers – This is where content marketing starts. Know who your customers are and what their behavior is like. Also, you need to know your customers’ preferences.
- Set goals and strategize – what kind of content you have produced and what else you want to produce. Set your objectives.
- Plan your content – Ask yourself, what are they looking for? Do your FAQ’s and SAQ’s (should ask questions). Create a content calendar to follow.
- Publish and distribute – share and improve the visibility of the content your producing. Make your company blog the hub for your content and distribute in your social networks.
- Measure and optimize – We need to find out if the content marketing efforts are working. One way to do it is by using Google Analytics. To find out which are working, you need to test them.
Do you want to learn more about content marketing? View the webinar replay for Content Marketing 101 here.
SEO: What is it?
Whenever talking about online businesses, you can’t help but hear the term SEO. What is it anyway? And why is it so important? SEO, the acronym for Search Engine Optimization, is simply how search engines, like Google, Yahoo, and Bing, rate your website in terms of relevance and importance on users searches through the keywords. […]
The Power Of Word Of Mouth
Word-of-mouth recommendation has always been powerful, even now when you can almost get everything online. In fact, Joe Pulizzo and Newt Barrett said, “Word-of-mouth marketing has always been important. Today, it’s more important than ever because of the power of the Internet.” The Internet is a free space where anyone can almost say anything. Information […]
My Top 10 Content Marketing Tips for Businesses
It has been proven several times that content draws in people because people go online to find information. In a nutshell, content marketing is creating and distributing relevant and valuable content to attract, acquire, and engage your target audience. The process of Content Marketing is: Attract Convert Close Delight So, why do I use Content […]
WEBINAR: Creating your Content Marketing Plan
We go online for content. They may be offered in different forms such as videos, articles, and photos, but they are all content. And they all offer information. Yes, your website may offer a particular product or service, but before you turn your visitors into buyers, you need to provide them with information and reasons […]
Infographic On WordPress Safety And Security
WordPress is one of the most popular system especially when it comes to blog. Its growing popularity also means its security and safety has been one of the major issues, users deal with. WordPress developers are doing the best they can to constantly update the security to potential threats but website owners also need to […]
Be A Member, Not A Marketer
The best way to approach prospective clients is not to treat them as customers. Just get to know them first and see if your company can offer them something. Internet marketing will not be complete without social media. But just like in traditional marketing, it’s important to build relationships first before offering anything. This is […]