Even now at a time when internet marketing is no longer new, some are still not sure of what it truly is and how it can help their businesses. To help you on that, let me share the what’s and why’s of digital marketing.
What is internet marketing? How do you define it? Well, according to Wikipedia’s description, “it is the marketing and general promotion of products and services over the internet.”
It is also known as web marketing, online marketing, e-marketing, and more commonly known in the Philippines as “digital marketing”.
Digital marketing includes everything connected to the internet:
- Regular computer
- Smart phones and wireless devices
- Mobile apps
- Internet tv
The 3 Pillars of Internet Marketing are:
- Lead Generation – getting people to “see” your business and gain their interest.
- Conversion – Turning these visitors to customers by closing a sale.
- Follow up – follow them up for any repeat purchases.
These three are important to really have a successful online business. You need people to see your business/products in order to gain interest and customers. You need followers who you can turn into clients and for these clients to come back and purchase again.
Why do you need Digital Marketing?
- Your target customers are in the internet. – There are 2.8 Billion Internet users as of July, 2013 according to internetLiveStats.com.
- Social media and the internet affects offline and online behavior
- It’s no longer an option, it’s a requirement – This is especially true for professionals and entrepreneurs.
It’s not enough to just have an awesome website and post ads. Right now, you need to find out where your target audience is hanging out online and engage them there. Most of the people online are looking for information and engage with people. So don’t sell online, build relationships instead.
Meanwhile, here are some of the programs I personally use in my digital marketing efforts for my online business. These are also what I recommend other entrepreneurs on tapping in order to get the most out of their online marketing.
- Website – this provides credibility as a business as well as Search engine visibility. When your target audience search for you online, they can easily find you.
- Blog – the easiest and cheapest way to engage with your target audience
- Social Media Marketing – use all available social media networks.
- Search Engine Optimization – it’s a process of making your website rank in the search engines based on certain keywords. Remember that Google is the new directory. People go to Google to find out who offers the best product and services.
- Search and PPC Advertising – these are the most popular online advertising.
- Email Marketing – this is still the highest converting channel if done right.
- Blogger and Influencer Marketing – it is when you engage with influencers and thought leaders to promote and improve your brand’s visibility online. It’s all about building relationships online.
Digital marketing is an integral component in a successful business. In a world where everyone is in the Internet, you can’t ignore the fact you need to be present there as well. Learn more about this topic on this webinar replay.
By Listening, Marketing Will Re-learn How To Talk
The best way to improve is to take time and assess what works, what didn’t work, and what could work better. When it comes to a business, it is the same thing. The main difference is we have followers and customers who will give us feedbacks. In order to provide better services and products, we […]
Take Massive Determined Action
There is only one way to succeed; and that is to take action. Your goal will remain a goal if you don’t do anything about it. Hard work and preparation is key to success. However, the right attitude also plays a big part. Having a positive attitude in achieving your goal gives you the drive […]
6 Tips For Content Marketing Success
Content marketing is a great part of internet marketing that has been proven to generate success in terms of gaining new leads and customers. A lot of brands are already realizing the power of content and taking advantage of it. More importantly, content marketing can take your brand to new heights. Below are some tips […]
4 Mobile Marketing Steps Every Business Should Take
With the popularity of smartphones, it’s no surprise entrepreneurs need to make the necessary changes to keep up with the consumers. Entrepreneurs need to make sure that their online businesses are ready for mobile marketing. This simply means that their websites are mobile-friendly and can actually deliver marketing efforts through mobile systems. How? This is […]
Invent New Ideas, Not New Rules
“What’s new?”—These are the words we often hear people say. People are always on the lookout for the latest updates in every industry, technology, fashion, and world issues. The same goes with digital marketing. Digital marketing is known to have trends. Five years ago, the strategy is different. Search engines continue to enhance their algorithms […]
Keep It Concise And Keep It Meaty
Capturing your audience’s attention can be a challenge at times, but keeping them interested in what you are saying is more difficult. A person’s attention span is getting shorter each year due to the mass of information available to us nowadays. Before, we need to read through piles of books and articles at the library […]